Little Bites of History

10:13:00

I love the fact that every single episode of our lives will eventually become part of a large piece of social history. Yet I don't think that we, as a society, acknowledge this enough. That's why I have so much praise for my most recent discovery www.whowerewe.com

Set up by Yve Blake, this project aims to produce a show and a collection of music inspired by the experiences of people from all over the world. Individuals can anonymously upload old photos, memories or funny stories from their past, with the knowledge that this information will one day be looked at by future generations through a museum website.

I double dare you to give this a go! (Photo copyright Yve Bates)

I so urge everyone reading this to take five minutes of their time to go and submit something. With the advent of social media and the decline in the use of photo albums, diaries and letters, it is so important that the history of our generations is documented by enthusiastic individuals and initiatives such as Blake and the Who Were We project.

Have I uploaded anything? Well yes I have. Some random memories from my school days and comments about the toys I used to play with when I was small. It was so easy to do and only took five minutes.

I hope you have been inspired by this blog to submit your memories to this amazing initiative, or perhaps have even been spurred into archiving your own memories in your own special way. Either way, I would love to hear about it in the comments below!

Bethany x





You Might Also Like

0 comments