Bodysuits, Back Off...

12:29:00

I like to think that I'm into fashion. I mean, I'm no guru, but I like to buy a couple of choice items every season, just to brighten my wardrobe (and two dressers...) I have owned one bodysuit in my time, for  a week last spring. I bought it on a whim, in an attempt to look cool, wore it for half a day, and recycled the £5 monstrosity almost instantaneously. It simply did not suit me at all! I swore never to even glance at one again. But alas, they are back in fashion. Here's why I definitely won't be repurchasing one.


 There is never enough fabric

I'm a comfortable size 8 - 10  and don't consider myself to have trouble finding clothes that fit. But every bodysuit I have tried on barely fits, regardless of size. They are either too baggy, or far far too tight - and I do not need that.

Comfort is an afterthought

Aside from either being too tight or too baggy, I never felt totally comfortable in my bodysuit. Most come with plunging necklines that always need constant hitching up, and straps never stay in the same place. They may be made of a comfy material, but the comfort stops there!

Going to the toilet is a palava

Picture this. You've wiggled your way into a small cubicle, managed to get your large handbag through the door, and now have to wriggle your way out of your second skin. Cue jumping, wriggling, and basically stripping naked... Is it really worth it? 

The underwear debate

Everyone I speak to about this has a different answer. Wearing underwear can be uncomfortable and maybe even necessary, but its just gross without too. 

I live in England, not California, so I probably will only wear it once a year

English summertime is a beautiful yet inconsistent entity, so spending £20 on a decent bodysuit to wear on that one day that hits 25C is probably not worth it!

So thats why I'm never wearing a bodysuit again. Do they suit you? Do you like/dislike them? Let me know in the comments below! 

Beth x

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Haha you are so right. Going to the toilet is such a palava. Have to say though, I do like a body suit. Mainly for me though, just because they stay tucked into skirts all day!

    www.kayleighkmua.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, somebody who agrees! I'd never thought of wearing them with skirts though - if I ever decide to give them a second chance, I'll try a skirt/bodysuit combo. :) Beth x

      Delete