February Favourites

08:35:00

February is quite a boring month in the world of me. I usually spend it drowning in university assignments, hibernating inside from the cold and wrapping up warm. But whilst waiting for the warmer months to arrive, I've found lots of bits and pieces that I've really loved.


Just a few bits and bobs that have made my February better!
Max Factor Face Finity All Day Flawless 3 in 1 Foundation
£9.99, Boots.
The start of February called for a new foundation, so I ambled into Boots and bought the first one I saw. I literally just looked at the price, picked up the right colour and decided to give it a go. This rash decision has changed my make up routine. Great coverage, hides horrible acne scares really well, and stays on for a whole day (8am-8pm). I don't think I'll be picking up another brand for a while!

Soap and Glory Archery Brow Tint and Pencil
£8, Boots
I've been using this pencil/felt tip pen concoction on my eyebrows for about 3 months now. At first I was quite bad at using it, but I've gotten more used to it and love the way it shapes my brows. I first apply the tint to the outline of my brows, and then colour in the main bulk of my brows with the pencil (which is more like a crayon.) As always, Soap and Glory make-up is great value for money, lasts a long time (i'm not even halfway through the stick), and creates a high end look. Plus, I've received loads of compliments about my brows this month - I have a feeling this may be why!

Wilko Premium Powder Brush
£4, Wilkinsons
I FOUND A POWDER BRUSH AS GOOD AS REAL TECHNIQUE BRUSHES FOR £4! £4!!! Don't get me wrong. I adore my Real Techniques Core Collection brushes, but spending £10 and upwards on a single brush doesn't quite sit right with the student bank balance. So I picked this powder brush up to see if I could cut some costs when it came to beauty. This brush is super super soft, holds powder really well, and provides a great even coat of powder. Honestly, this is the best powder brush out there!

Art Deco Statement Necklace
£4, Primark
I love statement necklaces, but I never go for the expensive ones. I tend to break them after a few months, so Primark is always the go to place for costume jewelry. I couldn't say no to this one. Art deco is one of my favorite design movements of all time, and like so many others, I've really jumped onto the rose-gold bandwagon... This is great to wear under the collar of blouses and with turtleneck jumpers. I love it!

Blanket Scarf
£6, New Look Sale
I completely and utterly stole this scarf from one of my best friends. I spent a whole afternoon lusting after it over christmas, so decided to pop into New Look to see if they had any left. They did and this is honestly the best clothing purchase I have made so far this year. It keeps me so warm and cosy during my early morning commutes and long walks across campus at 9am! Thank you Helena for showing me the benefits of a blanket scarf!

The Chaos and The Calm, James Bay
£6.99, Amazon
I bought this album way back when it first came out nearly a year ago, played it non stop for two or three months, then lost it when I moved home in the summer. After a frantic scramble under my bed a couple of weeks ago, I managed to retrieve it! I absolutely love James Bay and everything he stands for. He has a great public image, impressive stage presence, and most importantly a phenomenal first album. Best Fake Smile is my go to song whenever I need a pick me up.

I fell in love with Love...


Love, Netflix Original
I describe myself as a Netflix connoisseur. But sometimes I cannot find anything worthwhile to watch.  Love came up on my recommended feed, so I thought I would give it a go. Fast forward two days and I had watched the whole season. Love follows Mickey and Gus, two people who meet unexpectedly and start to date. But this story focuses a lot on the awkward first attempts at dating, and what happens when things dont always go your way. Sometimes its nice to watch a rom com that doesnt profess to show true love. I cannot wait for the second season!

Deadpool
I've already rambled about this film in my Deadpool review (check it out if you haven't already!) Ryan Reynolds really has made a fantastic movie, that doesn't take itself too seriously! If you havent seen it already I have to ask you why not! Just go. Now. Go on. Go...

Beth x

You Might Also Like

0 comments