Scarlett Says by Scarlett Moffatt (Book #10)

10:47:00


"I don't go on red carpets. If a photographer ever shouted out "who are you wearing?" I'd be like, "Me mam's top, me mate Sarah's jeans and some shoes from the TopShop sale."

I'm always on the look out for new opinion pieces written by 21st century women. They not only help to reassure me that my life isn't meant to be together and perfect at the age of 19, but also add another layer to my knowledge of women's culture and perceptions today. Whilst some may argue that 21st century women's writing is superficial, and simply a list of complaints/funny anecdotes, it's also funny, realistic and to the point. Scarlett Says by Scarlett Moffat, is just that.

The vast majority of British people know Scarlett from her regular appearance on Gogglebox - a TV show that films ordinary viewers commenting on TV shows. Her funny anecdotes, brilliant confusions and, most importantly, her relatable opinions about the world we live in, make Friday nights hilariously good fun. Scarlett has translated this into book form, and I love her even more for it. 

Scarlett comes across as a normal 25 year old, who doesn't take herself too seriously. Whilst taking you through her preparations for a girls night out to remember, Scarlett has a good ol' chat about everything and anything on her mind. From her love of Simon Cowell to her Dad offering her prawns to cure a particularly bad hangover, I got to know Scarlett pretty well through this book. There is no agenda but the fun agenda, meaning I often picked this up as a little stress reliever or if I was stuck in a particularly annoying train carriage!

Its only April, but I'm going to stick my neck out and declare Scarlett Says to be my favourite book of the year so far.

Beth x

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. I love Scarlett!! She's hilarious and lives fairly close to where I live so I can totally relate to her accent!

    Great post, definitely buying this book :)

    www.numbertwentysix.co.uk

    KT xo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved how she didn't drop her accent in the book! It made it so more relatable. Thank you! You totally should, you won't be disappointed :)

      Beth

      Delete
  2. I've always thoroughly enjoyed watching Scarlett on Gogglebox - she never fails to make me laugh! Seeing this book advertised caught my attention and as I'm on the look out for some entertaining reads, your glowing review has definitely made me want to get my hands on a copy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for such a nice comment! One of my aims is to encourage people to read by reviewing great books, so the fact you want to grab a copy of this has made writing this post so worthwhile! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did! Beth x

      Delete
  3. Awww I LOVE Gogglebox and Scarlett is one of my favs! I saw her on Alan Carr Chatty Man recently promoting this book and I was genuinely intrigued. I have never read a "Celebrity Book" but I would actually give this one a go after your review! Thanks!

    Eb x

    www.eboniivory.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scarlett is so down to Earth, I think that's why her book is so great! I'm glad you're going to give the book a go, its not like normal celebrity autobiographies that are normal ghost written etc. She really has put the effort in to make something great!

      Beth x

      Delete
  4. Omg didn't know she had a book! I love her, so funny! :)

    http://thisissimplyme.com

    ReplyDelete