Exam Freedom!

11:35:00



This is (in part) an unpaid collab with Vidados.

My exam season is nearly over, meaning I can finally get back to blogging and start enjoying the summer. This new found freedom has also given me an excuse to put together a list of everything I would like to do during my four month summer vacation. Here's hoping I cross them all off!

Wrack up 25+ volunteering hours at a local heritage site

I've been volunteering for about two months now, but really want to make more of an effort during vacation. I really love being surrounded by history, so why not do it more often?

Make my way through the pile of books I've stockpiled during the year.

I don't want to commit myself to anything major, but I think I can probably read a good 20...

Practice making proper slushies with my slushie maker.

My slushie skills are poor - I will not rest till they are award winning.

Make the most out of my week intensive Journalism summer school.

I've been offered a place on a free summer school at the #1 Journalism training centre in the UK. Journalism is the dream, so I'm hoping this will give me the tools I need to successfully apply for a MA in 2017.

Visit a museum in my university town.

Museums near my university are free, but I never pay them a visit. I only have one year till I graduate, so I need to get started if I'm going to experience them all.

Get back into HIIT workouts and eat better snacks.

I really enjoy the feeling the benefits of HIIT workouts and healthy snacking, but exams have got in the way!



Enjoy my two week beach holiday with my family.

I love beach holidays, I love my family.

Finish second year with a bang - and by bang I mean by attending our Summer Ball.

I've already bought my ticket - 4th June cannot come soon enough!


Get out of the country and explore.

I will be 20 in August, and unlike some students, I haven't done as much travelling as I would like to. But thats mainly because I don't have as much money as I would like! Student adventure company Vidados got in touch with me to let me know about their student competition to win a weeks surfing holiday in Morocco. Of course I entered straight away, and they asked me to let you know how to enter to! All you have to do is follow the link below, and answer a few quiz questions. Good luck!  


 I'll hopefully also be joining my friend on her 21st birthday in Dublin, so I'm pretty excited about that!

Take no notice of blogger stats and Google Analytics.

I've become a little bogged down with stats the past month or so, constantly wondering if my blog will take off and worrying about my posts. I'm not a big blog, so my small stats compared to others can be disheartening. But I simply want to focus on content and enjoying my hobby. And thats exactly what my summer blogging ethos will be.

Beth x



You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Good luck as with the journo! I'm a journo myself and it's such a great career path!
    Jabeen x
    http://www.spilling-the-beans.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm really looking forward to checking it out and hopefully getting started soon!
      Beth x

      Delete