5 Totally Normal Sights Around a Uni Campus

13:27:00

As the end of my second year approaches, I've been reflecting on my university experience so far. Yes I could spend hours boring you with my academic progress and my mental well-being, but instead let me tell you 5 strange things I've seen on campus this past year and a half - things that could only happen at uni.



100+ Sports Team Members running across campus at 9pm wearing nothing but boxer shorts...
 I never fully got to the bottom of this one, but I think this had something to do with sport society initiations, but I'm not too sure. I will forever remember walking home through campus after a Music society rehearsal, and double taking as around 100 guys in their underwear ran past. It was November and FREEZING COLD!

The Red Bull Milkman payed us a visit...
Uni is full of publicity stunts and marketing stints, but this was definitely the strangest. Each house was told to leave a special Red Bull cardboard box by their front door overnight. When we got up the next morning, we had been given 6 free cans of Red Bull. No explanation, whatsoever.

Batman ran around the library for a good 20 minutes, followed by a mob of angry students...
I thought I was seeing things when this happened. But no, Batman was chased round the library at 11am on a Wednesday morning. He was caught by the mob, and dragged off onto another part of campus. No one ever saw him again.

Someone decorated a tree with shoes...
I think this was some sort of attempt at a Christmas tree. There were 5 or 6 pairs of shoes flung over a tree, and no one bothered to take them down. I haven't checked in a while, but I'm pretty sure they are still there today.

I learnt to ride a bike at 1am, after a heavy night out at the uni nightclub, around the university plaza...
No one batted an eyelid. They were more concerned about getting their £1.50 burger from the takeaway hatch. I was having a great time, and learnt a skill I would never forget.

I love my subject, but the peculiar things that happen on campus really do make university that little more interesting! Whats the strangest thing you've ever seen on campus?

Beth x

You Might Also Like

0 comments