March Favourites

13:02:00

March has been and gone. I've once again spent far too much money on make up and beauty products, and enjoyed far too much TV for a busy student. Here's what I loved this month:


L'Oreal Paris Infallible Nail Polish, £7.99, Boots
I was originally drawn to these gel polishes as I thought they were nail polish pens, rather than bottles in fancy packaging. Once I had gotten over that little disappointment (I'm a sucker for anything a little bit out there), I gave the polish a go and was blown away. I have never had gel nails before, and was convinced that I could only get them at a nail bar after paying quite a bit of money. But it turns out professional quality gel nails can be achieved at home! After applying two coats of the gel polish, and one coat of the setting lacquer, my nails were so smooth, shiny and colourful. Plus, the colour stayed bright for well over a week and I have yet to experience any chips after a week's wear.


Maybelline Colour Sensational Popstick in Citrus Slice, £1.99, Amazon
I buy lip balms on a regular basis and lose every single one of them. I'm really hoping I don't lose this one! Despite fooling everyone into thinking its a strange lipstick, the Maybelline Popstick makes for an exceptional lip balm. Nourishing, very easy to apply and long-lasting, I would recommend this in a flash to EVERYBODY! To make things even better, it comes in lipstick form; this is so more elegant to apply and avoids the sticky finger that normally comes with applying balm!



COLAB Sheer and Invisible Dry Shampoo, £3.49, Superdrug
Dry shampoos are such a staple hair care product for me that I generally just buy the same product every few weeks as I know it works and will do a good job. But I decided to give Ruth Crilly's COLAB shampoo a go. I love its very light texture, and its lovely scent. But more importantly, you can use this dry shampoo and it not look like you have used it. There is nothing worse than dry shampoo dust everywhere!


Dot to Dot Book, £3, The Works
I'm a procrastinator and a worrier, so anything that claims to increase my productivity and/or reduce my stress levels is a winner for me. I remember doing dot-to-dots when I was little, so its nice to be able to do them as an adult. This book is a great time filler and stress buster, and a little less time consuming than the conventional adult colouring craze.


Cuckoo, Netflix and BBC Three
Cuckoo is another great comedy from the BBC. Following the lives of parents Ken and Lorna and their unconventional kids, every episode is wacky and fun. It's great escapism and genuinely funny.



The Night Manager, BBC One

OMFG WHERE DO I START??? I'm pretty sure everybody has heard of The Night Manager, but for those of you who haven't, I'll quickly explain it. Basically Johnathan Pine, a night manager at a hotel, gets caught up spying on and working for a multi-millionaire arms dealer. Everything quickly escalates, gets a little violent, spirals out of control and EVERY EPISODE IS JUST SO FREAKING GOOD!! I will admit that I only started watching this because of Tom Hiddlestone (who wouldn't right?), but I quickly got so hooked on the story line. Every character is convincing, multi-layered and flawed. I just cannot recommend this enough. I've just started reading the book that it was adapted from, which is equally as awesome.




Fresh Meat, Channel 4

I have been watching Fresh Meat for a long time. I watched it throughout my GCSE and A Level years, wondering whether my university experience was anything like the six housemate's experience. I can't say I've ever slept with a professor, been kettled at a student protest, or partied with a fake Russel Brand head, but I certainly relate to a lot of the episodes. Whilst the previous three series have been solely focused on laughs and funny experiences, series four looked into the state of English higher education, its pitfalls and the worries of current and future students. Is university really worth it? Who actually graduates with great job prospects? Should we pay all the money that we do? This series was quite honestly, a satirical dig at the government and university system. The very last episode didn't disappoint; graduation happened, parties were had and all the loose ends were tied up quite nicely. The last scene had me bawling - I suppose it kind of made me feel prematurely sad for the end of my university experience next year! Thank you Fresh Meat, it's been great fun.

Beth x

You Might Also Like

0 comments