Holiday Essentials: Reading List

01:11:00


Who doesn't love a good book on holiday? I mean, really, beach days are the ultimate time to sit back and crack on with my huge TBR pile. Even though my holiday is three weeks away, I've started sorting out what I will and won't pack with me. Thankfully, I have a Kindle so I won't be lugging around an extra suitcase full of reading material, but boy do I have a lot to read...

Physical Copies

Leaving Berlin by Joseph Kanon is a piece of historical fiction set in 1949 Berlin. It charts the life of young Jewish writer Alex Meier who fled the Nazi's before the war, and is now fighting for his right to stay in America indefinitely. 

I've wanted to read The Night Manager by John Le Carre ever since I watched the BBC adaptation with Mr Tom Hiddleston. A few people have told me that the book is vastly different from the TV show, but where would the fun be if everything was the same?

HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD. HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD. HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD.

Kindle Books

24 Hours in Journalism by John Dale was only 99p on the Kindle Store, so I had to give it a go. It does exactly what it says on the tin - takes the reader through 24 hours in the news industry. I'm hoping that this will be great for my Master's application too!

Penguin were lovely enough to allow me early access to Forrest Leo's newest offering The Gentleman, so I'm looking forward to giving it a read. From what I can gather, a Victorian poet employs the Devil as his gardner and accidentally sells his wife to the Underworld. Chaos ensues. 


No doubt I will have added more books to this already out of control list by the time I'm going away - I am in fact waiting on a couple of publisher approvals for advance review copies. So watch this space and expect a tonne of reviews at the end of August!

Beth x

You Might Also Like

0 comments