How to survive Lush on a student budget

09:49:00



Its hard supporting a lavish Lush lifestyle on a student budget. But it is do-able. After a couple of years of meticulous practice, I've finally worked out how to get more bang for your buck in Lush, leaving more money for lunch. 

Go for bubble bars instead of bath bombs

Yes, bath bombs add something great to a bath. But all they are when you're on a budget is wasted money. A £4 bubble bar can last for around 5 baths (if you don't go too crazy on the bubbles), whilst a £4 bomb can only be used once. 

If you don't like using the product one way, find another way to use it

We are all guilty of buying a product we would not have bought had we been thinking straight. And lets face it, 9 times out of 10, the sweet smells and glitter make it impossible for us to do so. I don't particularly like the shower jellies on my skin, but have found them to be great as bubble bath. A palmful of Needles and Pines actually makes better bubbles than a bubble bar. Go figure!

Buy a multi-purpose product

FUN is a student saviour. It functions as a shower gel, bubble bar and shampoo. £5 a month on one item is so much better for your overdraft than £5 every week. Right?

Ask for samples before you buy the full product

Every Lush store is full of friendly staff who actually want to help you. One of the ways they can do this is by offering you a small sample of the product. I tend to use samples for products such as face masks and body scrubs, as I never know if I'm going to be allergic to something or not. I then go back and buy the full size products that work best for me. It saves me money, and has meant that I have been able to find the products that genuinely do good for me.

Save up your tubs and grab a free face mask

If you do use pots of products on a regular basis, don't forget to wash and keep your pots. When you return five into store, you get to choose a free face mask. What a time to be alive.

Its really not as hard as it seems to cut down on your spending in Lush, whilst still satisfying the 'Lushie' inside you. But don't let this stop you from having a big spend every once in a while - uni is hard and we all need a pick me up every now and then!

Beth x 






You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. These are great tips - I didn't think a trip to Lush could be cheap!

    Jemima x
    anotherrantingreader.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It really can be when you go in with a plan!

      Beth

      Delete