Shout-outs to strangers

08:28:00


If you know me personally or follow me on Twitter and Instagram, you'll probably know that I haven't had the best week health wise and in general. But whilst I was moping around, I was astounded by the generosity, patience, kindness and understanding nature of complete strangers. As this week draw to a close, I'm putting on my positive pants and shouting out to all the lovely people who showed me infallible kindness this week.

 The staff in Lloyds Pharamacy who kindly took my blood pressure when I felt faint

Long story short, my doctor thinks I'm anemic, which I think means I don't have enough iron in my blood so I often feel faint, over-tired and sick. Before we went to the doctors, I came over all faint in a Lloyds Pharmacy. The staff quickly got me into a consultation room, made sure I was feeling better and took my blood pressure so we could gauge what was wrong with me. Thank you for taking the time to see me and putting me at ease.

The gentleman in The Range who showed my mum and I how to use the DIY tools

I'd like to think that we're pretty DIY savvy in thecatsouthebag household, but sometimes that DIY section can be really damn confusing. So a loud and proud shout-out goes to the lovely gentleman and fellow shopper who showed us how to use the grouting gun. You saved us from at least half an hour of wondering and probably a mini-argument. 

A lovely NHS phlebotomist who took my blood

My doctor asked for a blood test, so he could confirm my anemia and rule out anything more serious. Of course this meant a blood test, something I had never experienced before and quite honestly made me feel physically sick. This lovely phlebotomist picked up straight away on my anxiety, and really looked after me. In the end, it wasn't half as bad as I had envisaged. She even gave me a sweet at the end. 
Also a shout-out to Helena, an absolute star of a best friend. Despite having health issues herself, she took the time to reassure me about my blood test and listen to all my moaning. I truly appreciate you and how caring you are!

Tony from Arriva who tracked down my phone

I lost my phone on a bus. But because I rarely use my phone apart from to and from work, I didn't realise until a few days later. Thankfully, one call to Tony later, my phone had been found and I was able to get on my merry way. Just in time for the UK release of Pokemon GO...

Four complete strangers (and one very familiar friend) went out of their way to help me this week, and for that I am truly grateful. Next week, I've made it my mission to go out of my way to help others. Maybe you could to?

Beth x

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Such an amazing post, would never think to do something like this!

    girlsonlinejourney.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It felt so good to say thank you publicly to these lovely people!

      Delete
  2. This is such a lovely post! Hope you're doing okay, lovely xx

    Bethany | Curly and Wordy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beth! I'm much better now, it really helped to thank those who were so lovely and helpful! xx

      Delete