Brush Egg Review

09:26:00


I am notoriously lax at cleaning my make up brushes, purely because the whole process can be time consuming and messy. But after stumbling across the brush egg online and snapping two up for £3.99, keeping my brushes clean has been placed firmly at the top of my to do list.

So what makes this cleaner unique? A series of ridges (for large brushes) and dots (for smaller brushes) allowed me to rub my brushes from right to their roots, meaning I managed to get all the mucky dried foundation and blush out of them. The whole process took three quarters of the time it normally takes me to wash my brushes with just my hands, a cloth and some brush cleaner.

Furthermore, being just a tiny bit bigger than a large egg, the brush egg sat perfectly in the palm of my hand, allowing me to scrub the brushes with in the other.


I used this brush egg in conjunction with my Real Techniques Deep Cleansing Gel, and a bowl of warm soapy water - I used nothing out of the ordinary chemical wise to clean my brushes. I then took these steps:

1. Squeeze a small drop of cleaning gel onto the brush egg - baby shampoo is just as good as a proper brush gel.

2. Take a dirty brush and rub it up and down the grooves and ridges on the brush egg until the brush was clean. Making swirling motions with the brush got me a much quicker result.

3. Repeat until all brushes are clean.

4. Leave to dry on a dish cloth overnight.

If you're looking for a cheaper alternative to the Real Techniques Brush Cleansing Palette, a larger silicone surface with a similar array of bumps and ridges which will set you back £12.99, then the £3.99 two pack of brush eggs is for you. I've even heard of other bloggers getting them for 99p on Ebay!

I was very pleasantly surprised with the brush egg, and would go as far as saying that I would never revert back to scrubbing my brushes by hand. Its affordable, simple and cleans your brushes up like new - what more could a make up loving student want?

Beth x

(I was not sponsored to review the brush egg. As always, all opinions are my own.)


You Might Also Like

0 comments