Top 4 High Street Lunches for Students

09:11:00




When you're facing a full day of lectures and seminars and studying, the last thing you think of is lunch. But it should be the first! Over my two years at uni, I've sussed out where to go to get the cheapest and best lunches on the high street. With these four choices up your sleeve, you should never be without a lunch or out of pocket!

Boots Meal Deal, £3.29 

For £3.29 you can grab yourself a drink, main and a snack! Trust me, its so much more filling and healthy than a quick McDonalds. I always opt for a Chicken and Bacon Caesar Wrap, a litre bottle of water and a Clif Energy Bar. I feel full for the whole afternoon and sometimes even into the evening, and find that I concentrate so much better!

Subway Lunch, £3

A lot of sources say that Subway's are inherently unhealthy. If you choose carefully, this is not the case. A 6 inch sub at lunchtime, with a drink will cost you £3-£3.40. I always make sure to say no to cheese and load my sub up with salad.

Gregs Pasta Pots, £3-£4

Sometimes I want pasta for my lunch, and Greg's pasta pots hit the spot. They're not as cheap as other options, so I tend to have these occasionally. But their Tomato and Cheese pasta is really tasty, and comes in a resealable pot so you can snack on it all at once or throughout the afternoon.

Asda Express Diner , £1-1.50 an item

Asda have introduced express cafes in some of their stores, that offer big lunch food at tiny prices. You can pick up a slice of pizza the size of your head for £1.50 and a refillable soft drink for £1. They also offer healthier options such as the £1 jacket potato with toppings, and free water. If you have one nearby, you should definitely check it out.

Beth x


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. My go to is always boots! I love their shaper deals, and I love how you can get so many different options and its just such good value for money :)

    http://www.makeerinover.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're such a new discovery for me, but I feel so much better about myself whenever I have one!

      Beth x

      Delete