How to #GOMO

09:04:00

(Source)

This is an unpaid collaboration with Eventbrite

UK university holidays are 12-15 weeks long. But what do we tend to spend them doing? Well, nothing at all really. Yes, us students don't have the money to go out every day of the week, or pay for oodles of extravagant 'once in a lifetime' experiences - but that doesn't mean we should settle for a summer of boredom! 

"I recently came across Eventbrite, an event management website currently running a campaign to get people to GOMO (Get Out More Often)." The GOMO campaign is all about squashing our FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out) this summer, by taking more opportunities both far afield and locally. This really made me think about how everyone, regardless of income and experience, can get out more often and have a great summer.

Book something spectacular

If you're anything like me, you probably prefer a quiet day at home to a busy day out. But sometimes its good to change things up a bit and do something out of the ordinary. My 20th birthday is fast approaching, and instead of a physical gift, my Mum has booked us tickets to see Chitty Chitty Bang Bang the Musical. I honestly cannot remember the last time we spent some serious money and treated ourselves to a special day out, so this treat is well deserved! Maybe you too could book yourself a little treat, a concert, musical or trip abroad?

Get involved in a local event

Living in the South East of England, I'm always spoilt for choice when it comes to local events. When I was younger and to some extent now, I was constantly involved in musical events, whether it be orchestral or more modern. It was such a great thrill to perform in front of an audience and watch people enjoy your hard work. I still get involved in concerts as and when I can. So if you can give up your time for free and help pull off a great local event, do it!

Create your own event

Whilst I have no personal experience of creating my own event, I know plenty of people who do. Whether it be a small charity fundraiser, a blogger meet-up, or a summer celebration, its totally possible to organise something yourself. I'm personally terrified of all the organisation that goes into planning an event, but if the right opportunity came knocking, I would not turn it down. Eventbrite can help you set up and promote your event here.


If you would like to find national and local events to get involved in, I would suggest heading over to Eventbrite's website, where you can explore events going on locally and in all four corners of the UK. If you're feeling brave and want to create your own event, Eventbrite also have the facilities to advertise, so you get as many  visitors as possible!

GOMO this summer!

Beth x




You Might Also Like

0 comments