Breaking the Blogging Facade

06:24:00


I spend a lot of my time drooling over beautifully positioned flat lays and perfectly edited posts, and love to experiment with replicating the same slick look for my posts. But whilst everything I write about is honest, blogging often portrays a glamorous life where I'm out everyday, have tonnes of spare cash, and find blogging a breeze. So to any of you out there who may have a very sophisticated image of me blogging in your head, here is what my life is really like! 


If I have nothing to do that day, I will probably not get up until 9:30am and watch Neflix until it asks me if I'm still alive.

I love getting out and about, yet sometimes a day escapes me. I don't tend to blog about these days, so sometimes my posts make me seem super busy all the time. I mean, I am super busy (especially this summer), but I can still afford a few lazy days!

My flat lays are nearly all on my duvet or my desk, as my house is definitely not filled with Pintrest-worthy spots.

I live in a cosy family home, clustered with family memorabilia, laundry and our possessions. We don't own oodles of succulents, have great lighting spots, or burn candles on a regular basis. My room still looks like its inhabited by a teenager. I wouldn't change anything about my surroundings simply for the sake of a good photo.

I own a tin full of make up and a have very cluttered sideboard dedicated to my beauty bits.

If you thought I had an elaborate draw system, here's what I really use:


I'm a uni student, so copious amounts of haul posts are a no no for me.

That's why I tend to do wishlists more than hauls. Anything I do buy and go on to talk about on my blog is simply because I needed it, or it was a little treat at the end of a term.

Unless I'm very organised, I normally write a post on the days its scheduled to go up.

I do actually try and schedule all my posts on a spreadsheet with a month to view. But often I don't write them until the day and then publish them in the nick of time. 

It feels better to have cleared up a few misconceptions that some may have about me and my blog. I wanted to show you that I'm certainly not perfect, and live a very normal life. I do my very best to show this in my posts, and want to continue to do so. I really do appreciate bloggers who do manage to create a pintresty-house, can afford to finance haul posts every week, and have their admin under control. But thats simply not me right now, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Beth x

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. This post is awesome. So honest and fabulous about your life outside blogging.

    I personally am very much into the 'clean' blogger look; white space, marble, flatlays... I love to make everything look so organised and clean, but away from my photos my bedroom and makeup collection is a total mess!

    People must always remember that blogging is about creating an 'image' and that people's lives aren't always as glitzy and perfect as our Instagrams make them out to be!

    Er, sorry for the rambling comment hehe!

    Alice | Dainty Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I totally understand why you love the clean look, it looks so professional and appealing. Just like you said, if readers can start to understand that blogging is about creating an image, we won't feel like we need to explain ourselves all the time. If we as bloggers start being transparent and making our image creating known, the blogging world would be better off!

      Haha dw about rambling, I love that you feel so passionately about this!

      Beth x

      Delete